Who doesn’t love shortcuts right?, There are many Excel shortcuts to learn but In this space, we will reveal 6+ excel navigation shortcuts using your keyboard only which make you forget about mouse while you working on your worksheets.
Traditionally, We perform selection, copy, paste and navigation task with our mouse, but the problem arises when we are working on our excel sheets, it’s actually very distracting to use mouse and keyboard at the same time.
Therefore, To make our work life easier there are 240+ excel shortcuts available to use using our keyboard mostly. In the space below, we will learn all navigation shortcuts using CTRL option.
List of Excel Navigation Shortcuts
CTRL + ARROWS ( ↑, →, ↓, ←)
CTRL + Arrows ( ↑, →, ↓, ←) lets you move from one part of the cell to the last part that particular row or columns depend on arrow key you use. Let’s discuss it more one by one:
- CTRL + ↑ (Win) / ⌃ + ↑ (Mac) – Move to top edge of data region
- CTRL + ↓ (Win) / ⌃ + ↓ (Mac) – Move to bottom edge of data region
- CTRL + → (Win) / ⌃ + → (Mac) – Move to right edge of data region
- CTRL + ← (Win) / ⌃ + ← (Mac) – Move to left edge of data region
CTRL + SHIFT + ARROWS ( ↑, →, ↓, ←)
CTRL + ARROWS ( ↑, →, ↓, ←) lets you navigate and select all the values from the cell you have selected to the last cell of your data depends on your arrow keys. This is very crucial shortcut if you want to copy particular data in your row or columns.
- CTRL + SHIFT + ↑ (Win) / ⌃ +⇧ + ↑ (Mac) – Extend the selection to the last cell up
- CTRL + SHIFT + → (Win) / ⌃ +⇧ + → (Mac) – Extend the selection to the last cell right
- CTRL + SHIFT + ↓ (Win) / ⌃ +⇧ + ↓ (Mac) – Extend the selection to the last cell down
- CTRL + SHIFT + ← (Win) / ⌃ +⇧ + ← (Mac) – Extend the selection to the last cell left
CTRL + PgUp/PgDn
Workbook contains loads of worksheet where you need to navigate from one to another using your mouse, With CTRL + PgUp/Dn shortcut you can navigate it easily using your keyboard.
- CTRL + PgUp (win) / Fn + ^ + ↑ (Mac) – Go to previous worksheet
- CTRL + PgDn (Win) / Fn + ⌃ + ↓ (Mac) – Go to next worksheet
CTRL + G
You may have used this shortcut on various other platforms like chrome, windows etc to go to a particular page or window. In excel, We use this shortcuts to open “Go-To” window that allows you to navigate to a specific reference cell in your worksheet.
This shortcut comes very handily when you use need to find specific relative value in multiple worksheets.
In above demo GIF, you see I am on the second worksheet and when i press CTRL + G “GO-TO” window popup and here we can see all the reference cells where we can navigate in between our multiple worksheet.
For example, if you type A20 in reference box in go-to window, it will take you the specific cell i.e. A20 in your worksheet.
Above stated are some of the navigation shortcuts you do use frequently which makes you forget about your mouse and you can work in peace.
You can also download our all excel shortcuts PDF file here.
If you’re looking for mobile based excel shortcuts for the same, you can also refer to this guide by the Microsoft itself.